Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New baby Niece!!






Introducing Savana Marielynn Burns!

My new little baby niece. My beautiful little sister cari gave birth to this sweet heart on sunday, June 19th. I was lucky enough to have been able to be there to witness the birth. It was definetly LONG and scary, she had some complications. Her labor was 36 hours long! And i watched little savana come out, but she was completely limp and blue, in other words dead. the room was instantly silent and tears were everywhere. I was so scared, but cari was still trying to get her very wide shoulders out so we were trying our hardest not to let her know so she could continue to push her out.. there were four more doctors who rushed to the room to help and as soon as she was out they gave her CPR and after about the longest 40 seconds EVER we heard her beautiful cry. I have not felt so much love, and relief and excitement as I did at that second!

She is so precious and Cari and Alex will be such amazing parents. I already love her so much and I barely have even gotten to know her, ( since we had to leave right after to drive back to astoria for work the next day). and I was the FIRST auntie to hold her! :)

3 comments:

Melody said...

Thank goodness she's ok! Congrats on the new niece!

Doyle, Chelsea, Little Miss & Baby on the Way said...

oh my gosh i am so happy she arrived safely in the end. that is so scary, i can't imagine what kind of emotional roller coaster that was for everyone. congrats to u and ur sis though!

Brandi Litchfield said...

oh my gosh, how scary! what a blessing that she is alright! she's adorable!

: . i carry your heart with me, i carry it in my heart . :
-e.e. cummings

My Blog List

Followers