Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Healthy, no flour, no oil/butter, no added sugar banana muffins!

I made these sweet little muffins the other day and was very excited with the results! Super moist, surprisingly sweet, and pretty dang healthy for a muffin! I liked them, but I'm easy to please when it comes to healthy food. Ben on the other hand, not so much! So when he said he really liked them too I knew this recipe was a keeper! Try it out, because I think you will like it too!

Ingredients:

- 2.5 cups of old fashion oats
-2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of honey
-1/2 cup of plain or vanilla yogurt (I used vanilla)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbls ground flaxseed
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 ripe bananas

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. grease 12 count muffin tin. Put the oats in either a blender or food processor and pulse for about 12 seconds. Next, add all of the other ingredients and blend until the mixture is smooth. Put them in the muffin tin and if you would like you can add chocolate chips, craisins, peanut butter chips, any kind of nuts, blueberries, or just leave them plain! :) bake for 16-18 minutes. Enjoy!!

No comments:

: . i carry your heart with me, i carry it in my heart . :
-e.e. cummings

My Blog List

Followers