Friday, April 12, 2013

Spicy Thai peanut curry noodles

I made this recipe up last night, and it really turned out yummy! Ben had not one, not two, but THREE big helpings of it.. And that is a big deal because these days this boy doesn't eat very much! I must warn you that it has a kick to it, so if you don't like spicy food maybe only add 1/2 a tbls of red pepper flakes.. But the whole tbls really adds some delish flavor to the dish. If you love Thai food I think you will love this too! Let me know what you think!

Spicy Thai peanut curry noodles

1/2 cup of seasame oil
1 tbls of red pepper flakes
6tbls honey
6 tbls soy sauce
1/4 cup peanut butter
About 6-7 tbls of rice vinegar
1/4 cup red curry paste
Yellow, orange, or red peppers ( I did one or to mini ones of all three colors)
1 box Whole wheat linguini
1/2 cup green onions
Shredded chicken (i used about half of a Rotisserie chicken)
1/4 cup of cilantro for on top
Chopped peanuts for on top

-Mix the sesame oil and red pepper flakes in a pan on the stove over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Next, strain out the red pepper flakes, reserving the oil.
-Combine the oil with the honey and soy sauce
- boil the linguini and drain
-add the oil mixture to the linguini
-add peanut butter, curry paste, rice vinegar, green onions, peppers, and chicken.
-I stirred mine on the stove top over medium heat to make sure everything was nice and warm
-serve with cilantro and peanuts on top


No comments:

: . i carry your heart with me, i carry it in my heart . :
-e.e. cummings

My Blog List

Followers