Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Boy or girl?!

I am 18weeks this week and it's so exciting! It finally feels like progress! This week we get to do the big ultrasound to find out if baby is a girl, or a boy! Ben is so cute already with the babe. He touches my belly everyday and talks with the little one and I absolutely love it! Baby is growing fast, and iv actually felt them move off and on since week 14.

At 18weeks

-i have been feeling great! The nausea has pretty much gone away, unless I don't eat every two-three hours.
-baby is just now really starting to "pop", where other people besides us can see it
-I don't have to get up to pee three times a night anymore like in the first trimester
-I could eat tomatoes, and red meat sauce all day everyday
-I feel starving ALL the time, even right after I finished a big meal
-my skin hasn't broken out in a rash in about a week now
-sweets have tasted good again since about 15 weeks
-garlic makes me sick
-anything to salty makes me WAY thirsty. I will drink and drink and ill still be unsatisfied.
-iv began to retain water :(
-baby can hear things now so we have been trying to talk to her/him
-we are so excited to see what the gender is! Then I think everything will feel so much more real!!


First trimester

-I had a few weeks that were awful, but for the most part i would feel nauseous but I could still eat and do my daily activities
-sweet things sounded gross until about 15 weeks ( and now I always want sweets!)
-I only threw up two or three times in my first trimester
-garlic makes me sick
-wheat things made me sick (at about 15 weeks I could eat wheat again)
-I had migraines everyday for a week straight, and off and on throughout the first trimester. ( and without meds I cannot function with a migraine I can't see, and I shake and am disoriented, it's bad news)
-my waistline changed dramatically, but mostly only me, Ben and my intermediate family noticed, because they knew my size before.
-my skin has been ultra sensitive and keeps breaking out in rashes
-I have to get up and pee like 3 times a night!
-the thing that made me most nauseous was this weird metal taste I always seemed to have I. My mouth during the first 16 weeks
-I felt baby move like crazy at 14 weeks!
-we are so excited but nervous to be parents! We love little boy c, or little girl f so so much!

4 comments:

Carrie Fox said...

I think it is going to be a girl :D So excited for you guys!!!!!!!

Rick and Rachelle said...

I hope we both have girls so they can be best friends! :) I'm so excited for you guys! You're really getting to the fun part now.

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

BOY!! I LOVE being a mom to a boy, I could have all boys...and one girl of course. But no matter what you will absolutely LOVE being parents :) That's funny you could eat tomatoes and red sauce all day because that's the #1 thing I could not do while pregnant lol! How exciting! 2nd trimester is the best! You don't feel sick or too big and the little one is wiggling and moving around inside :)

Holden and Audrey said...

I haven't been blogging much lately and somehow missed the fb posts so I just found out about your little bun in the oven!! Congrats!! You're gonna be such a sweet mommy, I'm soooo happy for you!

: . i carry your heart with me, i carry it in my heart . :
-e.e. cummings

My Blog List

Followers